Monday, September 23, 2019

Story: The Sad Tail of the Yorkie's Toy

Inspired by The Sad Tale of the Mouse's Tail, part of the Persian Tales unit. Story source: Persian Tales, translated by D.L.R. Lorimer and E.O. Lorimer and illustrated by Hilda Roberts (1919).


My Dog Jessie... Pouting about her toy under the couch


One day the yorkie lost her toy under the couch.

So she went to her human and barked at her to help.

The girl said: go to the store and buy a flashlight so I can see.
So the yorkie ran to the store and asked the clerk for a flashlight for the girl so she could see

The clerk replied: go to your grandparents to get money and I'll give you the flashlight
So the yorkie went to her grandparents and begged for money to pay the clerk for the flashlight to give to the girl so she could see

The grandparents replied: go to the bank and ask for money
So the yorkie went to the bank to ask the teller for money for the grandparents to give her to pay the clerk for the flashlight to give to the girl so she could see

The teller replied: go to my boss's house to get the key to the vault
So the yorkie went to the boss's house to get the key so the teller could access the vault for the grandparents to give her money to play the clerk for the flashlight to give to the girl so she could see

The boss replied: go to the locksmith to make a key
So she went to the locksmith to get the key for the boss so the teller could access the vault for the grandparents to give her money to play the clerk for the flashlight to give to the girl so she could see

The locksmith replied: ask my assistant to gather the materials
So she went to the assistant and said....
Gather the materials for the locksmith to make the key for the boss so the teller could access the vault for the grandparents to give her money to play the clerk for the flashlight to give to the girl so she could see MY LOST TOY UNDER THE COUCH!

Author's Note: My dog was being really annoying about her toy under the couch when I was reading this story, and so I decided to give her a story of her own. The mouse was so willing to do whatever it took to get his tail sewn back on, just like my yorkie begs until she gets what she wants. This story is meant to build and be a little chaotic, which was really fun to write considering I have never written a story quite like this. I encourage you to take a look at the original story in order to understand why I wrote the story like this.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Megan, I thought it was pretty funny how you capitalised "MY LOST TOY UNDER THE COUCH." As I was reading this I was thinking where is this story going?? lol anyways, the author's notes with your dog was fun and I really appreciated reading this. I look forward to more dog stories!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan!
    The ending of the story is quite humorous, and the capitalized letters made it even better! When I was reading the story, I was surprised at how dedicated your dog was to get his "lost toy under the couch." It is amazing that an event in your daily life inspired an entire story! Anyways, great story and I can't wait to read more from you!

    ReplyDelete