Monday, October 7, 2019

Week 8 Reading and Writing

So far, this semester had gone really well for me in regards to this class. I found myself struggling less to think of creative stories as time passes by, and I actually look forward to reading new stories every week. So far, the Jewish Fairy tales have impacted me the most, because I am actually able to take advantage of them by use in another class. I have to write a final paper in my History of Judaism class, and I have decided to write about the deeper meanings behind the fairytales and how their lessons overall reflect what I have learned in class. After looking back at my own writings, I have decided that my story The Quarrel of the Sun and the Moon is my favorite so far. I really enjoyed the feeling I had after writing it, as I felt that I had created a story that could fit into some of the original story line-ups due to it's ability to explain something that we know non-fictionally in a fictional way. Looking forward, I want to try and branch out a little more and try to rewrite stories that I am least familiar with. I enjoy a writing challenge and therefore I can't wait for what is to come. 

Image result for sun and moon
Sun and Moon from the Nuremberg Chronicle by Hartmann Schedel (1440-1514)
I chose this image because it was used in my favorite story, the Quarrel of the Sun and the Moon. I really love how the artist made the faces reflect very human like emotions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment