Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Three Storybook Favorites

Looking through the archives of random projects from both classes, I could see that not only were there projects that I had explored before from taking Indian Epics in the past but also my own project! However, I decided it would be helpful to find three projects that I had not seen before. 

I was immediately drawn to this story because I absolutely love hedgehogs! In fact, I have a large tattoo of a hedgehog on the right side of my ribcage.  I really loved the overall layout of the project and enjoyed the introduction that explained just how this project was going to be presented through the eyes of these adorable little creatures. I also appreciated the explanation of how the life of a hedgehog or hedgehogs could relate to the stories within the course. 

This is a picture of my hedgehog/lotus tattoo on my right side. I had it done at ZSR Gallery Tattoo in South Oklahoma City by an artist named Matt. 

This story title caught my eye because Aladdin happens to be my favorite Disney movie. I liked the recap that the author provided on the introduction page of the storybook project because I know that not all readers are as obsessed with Aladdin as I am, and may not be familiar with the original characters. One of my favorite things to do last semester was to take an original story and combine it with something more modern (like Aladdin) in order to make it more relatable or even readable to people of this generation, and so I really appreciated the overall storybook project. 

Yet again my eye was caught by a story that I absolutely loved as I was growing up. The Wizard of Oz is a classic story that is easily relatable to many other stories and so I can see why it was chosen as a platform for this project. The pictures of Toto were icing on the cake in my opinion, but I may be biased because I am a yorkie owner. The author did a great job in using a variety of descriptive words in each page of the site and I look forward to visiting this project again in the future for some inspiration for my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment